Friday, July 15, 2011

WebQuest

I know I haven't been on to blog in a while, I'm ashamed to say, but a new embarkation has left me inspired. I'm currently working toward an MS of Library and Information Science at the University of Kentucky with the hope of moving into school media in two years. The more I learn about school media and library science in the program, the more confident I feel that this is the right move for me to make.

One of my first projects has been to create a WebQuest on QuestGarden. Initial thought: WebQuests are awesome. They are great ways to scaffold research projects for your kiddos, and although they take a bit more time on the front end, they will no doubt cut down on a lot of stress during the unit. I plan on sharing this "Civil War Letters" WebQuest with the social studies teacher on my team.

The first month is free and you can create and save as many WebQuests as you like. You can also publish your WebQuests for that month (see mine above), but after that a paid subscription is needed to continue accessing your WebQuest. I'm going to ask for that straight away, because I can see this being a great year-long and beyond resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment