Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Power at Our Fingertips: Google Docs in the Classroom

For one of my classes this summer, I had to research and present on a technology that could be used to enhance instruction. Google Doces has so many applications for language arts and other content areas - check out Google for Educators for some amazing ideas.

Here is the PowerPoint for my presentation; ironically not created in Google Docs. (I suppose because this was a solo project and not a collab.)

YostS_TechnologyPaper.presentation.powerPoint - Copy

In another class, I did a lot of work with Google Docs myself. The work included creating a project proposal in collaboration with other people in the class, creating a survey, documenting the results, and creating a presentation of the survey results and our analysis. This inspired me to begin this year by keeping track of student data with a Google Docs spread sheet. I have very little experience with Excel to begin with, so I'm sure the learning curve will be sharp. Still, I think the technology will help me stay organized, and with only two classes of students this year while I work on my MS LIS, it will be the perfect time to experiement.

No comments:

Post a Comment