Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day One Plans: Routines and Procedures

Ah, housekeeping the first week. It's so critical that I set up my systems, help the kids get all their supplies organized, and really lay the foundation for how I want them to behave in my classroom early on, because as the year goes on I get more and more tired, and I really rely on these systems to keep my classroom running smoothly.

If I don't lay the foundation, we'll never be able to build the house, so to speak. We won't be able to do cooperative learning and writer's workshop, if my expectations, routines and organization isn't clear. Thus, first week housekeeping.

Here is the PowerPoint I use to introduce my classroom expectations:

First Week Classroom Expectations

The "Resilency" link took the kids to the following motivational video.

No comments:

Post a Comment