Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sports Poems

Game Day


Warm sunny Saturday afternoons

Digging my cletes into the fresh green grass

Bodies bolting back and forth across the field


The popping of the helmets colliding together

The shouting of joy coming from my coach

The screeching of the referee's whistle


The grip of a football in my hand

Bright beaming sunlight hitting my face

The sound of the crowd's victory cheer


The feeling of accomplishment

The feeling that I gave it my all on game day


-Lanier


http://www.nutrition-for-athletes.com/images/offensiveline-football.jpg


My Last Game

The cracking of the pads
On one another.
The yells and screams of the crowd,
A dirty football flying through the air.
The taste of an old mouthpiece.
The rough ball hitting my hand
And a muddy shoulder smashing into my ribs.
The feeling of a sweaty wristband on my arm
And the voices going through my head.
The game is over the cold feeling of Gatorade
Rushing through my body
Refills me with energy.
My family is waiting for me on the sideline.
The sweat dripping from my hair
Onto my face.
This is my last game.

-Derek



The Sound of A Bang

The sound of a bang
As he hit the ground
I hear somebody say That's how you play D
As I get up my teammates pat me on the back
Good job #51

As I line up
For the next play
I look at him and I see the fear
In his eyes
From getting popped
On the last play
I could tell he didn't
Want the ball again
And that just made me feel stronger.

As I creep up to [the] line
I hear [their] coach saying
Block #51
But
The couldn't block me
Because I'm magic.

When I'm playing football
It['s] not enough to get a tackle
I want to hear the sound of a
Bang!

-Bryant


It's Your Time to Shine

The smell of hairspray
In the air.
Using spray gold glitter
To stand out and shine
The taste of Vaseline on my teeth
Making me want to smile even more.

Always in front
Arms get weak as I base a climb
Popping the moves on point
With the girls
Under the bright lights.

Our routine is finished
Did we do good enough to win?
All on stage about 30 teams
sweaty and weak.

Then I hear first place goes to...
"Fairdale Bulldogs!"
Getting shiny gold medals
To call our own.

Cheerleading is something
That runs in my blood!

-Taylor


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/3268822299_2c9df385ac.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment